Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Chalupa and Breakfast!


Sunday night turned out to be Funday night! Ha! Lame! Anyway, it was! We went to my boyfriend's parent's house, ate some meatloaf, drank some wine, and played some chalupa (Mexican Bingo aka Loteria). It was fun except for the fact that my grandma kept winning despite never having played before! She made out with about $8.00 in change. At $0.30 a game you can imagine how many times she kicked our butt! Beginner's luck I guess!

I actually woke up early Monday morning and made my boyfriend, Mike, some delicious breakfast! Holla!

I made him a two egg omelette with diced red bell peppers and onions, monterrey jack cheese, bacon, and avocado. It was amazing if I do say so myself. He loved it!  :) 

As promised, I took my grandma and my uncle to the antique shops. Sadly, almost all of them were closed with the exception of one. The things in that shop were not really antiques though. I could best describe it as bright, cheap 80's dresses that were in desperate need of lit match! lol Seriously, those things were hideous. The few things that stood out to me were the small fake pearl tie on a headless mannequin form that was full of tacky pins, a few typewriters, and a mounted deer head by the door that was sporting some bright red lipstick! I do apologize for the lack of pictures! :( My curiosity got the best of me and I completely forgot! I might just go back just to take some pics and post them here. Perhaps I'll drop by later on in the week when the store next door will be open. Maybe I can find some hidden treasures and kill two birds with one stone... figuratively, of course!!

Still working on the bib. Unexpected issues have risen. Will post pics as soon as I am finished. 

Thanks for reading! 



Damarys


No comments:

Post a Comment