Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My First Painting!!







I just finished my first painting and it feels great! There are some things I think I can improve on but overall, I'm pretty happy with my first attempt at my very own original art piece! My inspiration was an actual photo I took of a tree  by my house and a beautiful Texas sunset.

 Here is my original photo and the inspiration for this painting.




I am quite aware the colors are a bit off (that being one of the things I would like to work on for next time). There is a tiny bit of the yellow hue on the painting but my lighting was not the greatest... My apologies for that but I have had to resort to relying solely on my iphone since I can't find my card reader anywhere and this was just a quick snap I took before starting on dinner tonight! :( I have a sneaking suspicion my boyfriend Mike misplaced it (and he's blaming me for losing it) or our dog Dexy ate it! lol

I hope to work on my next painting very soon! Hopefully I can find some inspiration in some of my other photos.

Btw (By The Way) I am planning on painting my nails tomorrow so hopefully a brand spanking new blog will soon follow. I am thinking of trying my hand at water marbling or finally try my Konad stamps. We'll see what my mood brings tomorrow!

Thanks for reading! See you soon!

Damarys

No comments:

Post a Comment